FumeFX 5.0.1 for 3ds Max release
Posted on July 2, 2018
July 2, 2018 - Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.1 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. This update builds on top of the FumeFX 5.0 simulation refinements and speed improvements to deliver even faster simulation times. Thanks to additional QCG solver and Wind space warp optimizations, FumeFX scenes that include Wind space warp could simulate twice as fast as the FumeFX 4.0. Another important update is direct Arnold renderer support so that users don't have to go through the .vdb caches workflow anymore.
- Fixed FumeFX Sources created from the FumeFX toolbar had random colors.
- Fixed Effector’s influence display in viewport.
- Speed improvements for the QCG solver. Updated solver is now able to use nearly 100% CPUs even on machines with 20+ cores. This optimization has resulted with up to 20% faster QCG compared to FumeFX 5.0.
The FumeFX 5.0.1 QCG solver multithreading optimizations. Results are for dual Xeon E5-2690v2 with 20 cores and 40 threads.
- New FumeFX Wind force with artist friendly options. In addition to 3ds max Wind, the FumeFX Wind has the falloff applied to the turbulent force. It also has additional options such as falloff ranges, various falloff types and probably the most important - visualization of the Wind force field direction and strength.
FumeFX 5.0.1 Wind force visualization.
- Significant speed improvements of the 3ds max Wind force.
- Fixed color channel bleeding during the simulation.
- Fixed Turbulence Noise Scale Effector crash.
- Fixed I/O crash on machines with 48 and more threads.
- Fixed deferred caches so they wait for large caches to be completely written to disk.
- Added Arnold renderer support for the FumeFX Standard Shader (requires FumeFX shader license).
FumeFX 5.0.1 Standard Shader and Arnold renderer.
- New built in FumeFX-Arnold Volume that supports Arnold’s Standard Volume shader (does not require FumeFX shader license).
- Shader license supports FumeFX Standard Shader for mental ray and for Arnold. Old FumeFX-mr shader licenses for 3ds Max will work with Arnold as well.