FumeFX™ 5.0.4 for Maya® release
Posted on July 29, 2019
July 29, 2019 - Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.4 update for Autodesk® Maya®. This update includes GPU Viewport Multiview option that allows artists to view all FumeFX grids in a single viewport. With FumeFX 5 release there were many changes and improvements throughout the simulation core which inevitably led to quite different simulation results when compared to previous FumeFX version. The newly added option to use the FumeFX 4 Solver will allow users to achieve similar results compared to FumeFX 4 with benefits of FumeFX's 5 features. FumeFX 5.0.4 adds more controls and updated preview for Turbulence Noise as well as new Affect Velocity Magnitude Mode. Another great addition is the Parameter Check dialog that allows users to quicky determine which simulation parameters were changed from their default values.
- Added Multiview for GPU viewport.
- Added Rasterized mode for FumeFX Tubulence Noise Preview.
- Added Review Attributes option to the FumeFX Utilities menu.
- Changed Default Vorticity II values. New default for Strength is 0.9 and for Vortices Scale is 0.01.
- Added FumeFX Wind object.
- Added FumeFX 4 Solver option.
- Added Affect Velocity Magnitude Mode to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Scale parameter to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Amount parameter to Turbulence Noise.
- Fixed VDB files with conservative advection and sub-steps didn't retime properly.
FumeFX 5.0.4 Velocity Magnitude Mode
- Fixed Arnold Smoke opacity was 20 times higher than it should be.
- Fixed Arnold shader falloff didn't work.
- Fixed bug that caused Arnold renderer to hang if two or more FumeFX grids were in the scene.